[Kamailio-Users] fr_inv_timer not honored (fr_inv_timer/2 is used in fact)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Mar 3 18:51:04 CET 2010

Hi, I set fr_inv_timer=150 and use lcr module to balance (and failover)
between two gateways.

In the failure route I set (simplified):

  failure_route[FAILURE_ROUTE_OUT] {

    if (t_local_replied("last")) {
      next_gw();
      t_relay();
    }

  }

This means that if a INVITE routed to gateway-1 replies a provisional response
but no final response within 150 seconds, then Kamailio should generate a
local 408 and failure route would relaty to gateway-2.

But what I see is that such "timeout" time is 75 seconds (the half of 150 !).

I remember a similar "issue" when handling with SRV DNS domains returning more
than one destinations, but in my case I just use single IP's in lcr module.
But the fact is that I use exactly 2 gateways in lcr (150/2 = 75). But anyhow
it doesn't make sense.

Do I miss something?
Thanks.

PD: Important, could occur the same with fr_timer?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>