[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio and SIP <-> XMPP gateway

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 14:25:07 CET 2010

On 03/02/2010 11:25 AM, Even André Fiskvik wrote:
> Thanks for the answers Daniel.
>
> On 1. mars 2010, at 12.23, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> On 02/28/2010 06:43 PM, Even André Fiskvik wrote:
>>
>>> Reading through various earlier discussion though, I've found an issue that I wonder wether has been solved or not.
>>> In some mailing-lists I saw that only text/plain MESSAGEs was supported through the xmpp gateway, is this still true?
>>>

>> yes and 'no' :-). Yes because nothing was done in this respect to the module itself. 'No' because now (kamailio 3.0) you can use transformations to get content of xml documents and if the body is xhtml.
>>
> That's good to know.
>

>>> If that's the case, is there any way to get CounterPath eyeBeam/Bria to work in the decribed scenario?
>>> As to my knowledge it can only send text/html ?
>>>

>> You can build a new message with uac module or update the existing SIP message (content type, body), do msg_apply_changes():
>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/textops.html#id2513318
>>
>> and they use xmpp functions.
>>
> I did a "quick" hack to support relying the MESSAGE by just setting the content-type to text/plain for now to do some testing.
> The error about unsupported content-type thus went away.
>

>> You can use ngrep to sniff the network to see connection between kamailio (openser) and xmpp server as well as run kamailio in debug mode in order to get more verbose log messages for each operation.
>>
> I've tried sniffing traffic on the server, and it doesn't seem like kamailio tries to connect to the XMPP server at all :/
> Any clues what might be causing this?

Did you run in debug mode? Can you post the log messages?

>   I've attached my kamailio config-file as well if anyone would take

You sent the email only to me. Did you intend it for mailing list? I
recommend to keep sending to mailing list apart of messages with private
data. In this way many can reply and other can learn from discussion.

>   a look at it (the main config is in xmpp.cfg) and also a diagram showing how the components are realated to each other.

I will try to look over configs when I get some time -- because of a
trip ahead I am pretty constrained today.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/