[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio (1.5 rev5834) and/or rtpproxy gets frozen

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 1 12:57:02 CET 2010

El Lunes, 1 de Marzo de 2010, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:

> > Do you mean running kamailio as usual and later running:
> >    gdb>  attach KAMAILIO_MASTER_PID
> > ?
>
> yes, run as usual and when it is no longer working attach to a SIP
> worker process and grab the backtrace.

ok

> > Could it affect to the performance of the service? If not, when to run
> > "bt"? after the problem occurs?
>
> Yes, after the problem occurs. Only the process you attach to is going
> to be blocked in gdb, the others should function normally (but they
> don't anyhow, as I understood).

Yes, no worker works after the problem occurs.

> >> Might be some race in permissions module induced by address_reload MI
> >> command.
> >
> > I suspected it. However it doesn't explain the fact that later kamailio
> > cannot be started again (even after killing all the kamailio processes
> > with -9). Would it make sense?
>
> Is it the fifo/pid file there? No error why is not starting again?

I must check it. Anyhow, as I said it's a very strange problem as some day it
occured after reloading the iptables rules! (without changing nothing
important). Very very strange, but as it occurs in two servers I want to
believe that has something to do with k or rtpproxy version.

I'll prepare a SIPp scenario to check it with some load.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>