[SR-Users] force_send_socket - multiple times per dialog, subsequent times fail

Geoffrey Mina geoffreymina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:08:50 CEST 2010

I am having an issue with 1.5.4 where force_send_socket() isn't behaving as
I would expect.

I have an LCR scenario where depending on which gateway I am sending to, I
send from a different socket.

It appears that calling force_send_socket from failure_route has no affect
on the routing.  In my initial route block I call
force_send_socket(X.X.X.180:5060).  In my failure_route I am calling
force_send_socket(X.X.X.179:5060), yet after calling the subsequent time, my
sip trace and tcpdump are clearly showing kamailio is still sending from
X.X.X.180:5060.

I have added a lot of debug lines, so I am 100% sure the second call to
force_send_socket is happening.

Am I misusing this module in some way?