[SR-Users] Question about rate limiting a subscriber

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Jun 24 16:31:10 CEST 2010

Define a pipe for each subscriber that you want to limit.  Each pipe
will have it's one settings.
Keep in mind that there is a limitation (only 16 pipes):
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/ratelimit.html#id2506247

If you want more then 16 pipes, you will need to modify the code and recompile.
In upcoming 3.1 there will be a pipelimit module that will get rid of
the above limitation.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Stagg Shelton <stagg at vocalcloud.com> wrote:
> Does the call to rl_check_pipe add the invite to the pipe, and update the
> counters before returning.  Also would I need to define multiple pipes for
> multiple subscribers who I wish to rate limit?  ie. The cps from subscriber
> A does not affect the cps from subscriber B
>
> Stagg Shelton
> VocalCloud
>
> On 6/24/10 9:52 AM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>>
>> The ratelimit module will do the job here.  It was designed for
>> something like that.
>> You will need to define a pipe with the desired cps and then run all
>> the incoming INVITEs from that specific subscriber through your pipe:
>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/ratelimit.html#id2467664
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ovidiu Sas
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Stagg Shelton<stagg at vocalcloud.com>
>>  wrote:
>>

>>> I have a customer who has just started operating a dialer.  Over the past
>>> couple of days this dialer has been creating some minor issues with our
>>> US48
>>> termination.  We are currently running Server:: Kamailio (1.5.1-notls