[SR-Users] How do deal with a lost ACK and TM

Geoffrey Mina geoffreymina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:12:57 CEST 2010

I am not 100% sure I fully understand my issue, but I think I'm on the right
track.  I have a situation where Asterisk will drop calls a few seconds
after they are set up.  What I believe is happening:

a=asterisk
k=kamailio

k --> INVITE --> a
a --> 100 TRYING --> k
a --> 183 RINGING --> k
a --> 200 OK --> k
k --> ACK -->a (this packet is never received by asterisk)
a --> 200 OK (retransmit) -->k
a --> 200 OK (retransmit) -->k
a --> 200 OK (retransmit) -->k
a --> no response to critical packet - terminating call

It doesn't appear that Kamailio is retransmitting the ACK.  I would think
that would be part of the TM module, but perhaps I am not using it
properly.  Is this possible or is there something else going on?

Thanks.