[SR-Users] TM clarifications Re: CANCEL before INVITE + loose_route()

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jun 21 09:40:43 CEST 2010

Iñaki,

On 06/21/2010 03:35 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> But from the server/proxy point of view it doesn't matter. This is, if
> the proxy has received an INVITE it doesn't matter if it has replied a
> provisional response or not, it already *can* handle a CANCEL from the
> client. The only requeriment is having a transaction created for such
> INVITE (which occurs when calling t_relay or t_newtran).

If the proxy has created a transaction for the INVITE and receives a
CANCEL from initiating UAC before any provisional response has been
received from UAS, will it forward the CANCEL to the UAS, or just
quietly discard it while returning 200 to the UAC because it has a
transaction for the INVITE that is being canceled?

I assume it will not forward CANCEL without having received a reply of
some kind, but since it is not a UA and is not subject to the same
rules, I wonder.

Thanks!

--
Alex Balashov - Principal