[SR-Users] TM clarifications

David kamailio.org at spam.lublink.net
Fri Jun 18 17:20:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am using Kamailio 1.5.4.

I read RFC3261 section 17 and the TM doc, I had a few questions :

Does t_relay() manage both the client and server transactions for the
packet being forwarded ? Meaning it would absorb retransmissions it
receives and would retransmit the relayed message when needed ?

Do I need to call t_release() when I call t_relay () ?

Where would I use t_checktrans(), t_release() and t_newtran() ? My
understanding is that if I want to receive a packet and process it
locally without forwarding it, I should use t_newtran(). This would be
good for things such as PUBLISH, PRESENCE and REGISTER ( even though
it's not a good idea ). So when do I release the transaction ? In the
reply route ? In the same run as I call t_newtran() ?

Does t_checktrans() absorb retransmissions that were started with
t_relay and t_newtran?

If you have any material that I could read that would help me better
understand the TM module, please say so.

Thanks,

David