[SR-Users] sip-router config file syntax question

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Jun 15 17:07:53 CEST 2010

> >	->
>

> Am 15.06.2010 12:53, schrieb Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul:
> >On Jun 14, 2010 at 13:29, Steven C. Blair<blairs at isc.upenn.edu>  wrote:
> >>
> >>  I'm migrating from an older version of SER to sip-router. A syntax check of my config file produces a few errors. The most confusing is :
> >>
> >>0(27980) WARNING:<core>  [cfg.y:3364]: warning in config file /home/blairs/ser-penn.cfg, line 1270, column 22-23: non constant rvalue in ip comparison
> >>
> >>Line 1270 is the following if statement:
> >>
> >>if (to_ip==$g.gw_ip&&  !isflagset(FLAG_PSTN_ALLOWED)
> >>             &&  !isflagset(FLAG_TOTAG)
> >>             &&  method != "ACK"&&  method != "CANCEL")
> >>
> >>I do not see anything mentioned in config_migration.txt which explains this warning. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this error?
> >
> >You could safely ignore it. It was there just as a suggestion that comparing
> >ips with non constant expressions ($g.gw_ip in this case) is not the
> >fastest thing to do.  I'll remove it.
>
> Andrei, how will the comparison be done? IP-based or string-based.

If the value is not constant then string based.
If it's constant then: ip based if possible/ip, if not try string based
and if that fails too try comparing with DNS(target) and if this also
fails try revDNS(to_ip) with string(target).

> e.g. if the string 01.01.01.01 is compared against 1.1.1.1, will it
> be identical?

If 01.01.01.01 is the result of a non-constant expression, then no.

> What about IPv6 addresses?

Same as above.

I guess I know now why I have left that warning :-)

Andrei