[SR-Users] auth_radius - Segmentation fault

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Jun 14 18:23:25 CEST 2010

On Jun 13, 2010 at 14:40, Dmitry Kirillov <spinaker at neotelecom.ru> wrote:
> Juha Heinanen ?????:
> >Dmitry Kirillov writes:
> >> have build SIP-Router and modules from sources from GIT repository
> >>(development branch).
> >>auth_radius module results in a "Segmentation fault: 11" when I try to
> >>register (radius_www_authorize).
> >find out with gdb where the crash occurs:
> >
> >gdb binary core
> >where

> 0x2880c2c0 in qop () from /usr/local/lib/ser/modules_s/auth.so
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x2880c2c0 in qop () from /usr/local/lib/ser/modules_s/auth.so
> #1 0x28816555 in authorize (_msg=0x8343b58, _realm=0x0,
> _uri_user=0x0, _hftype=15) at authorize.c:102

It should be fixed now.
There are 2 solutions. You either update (latest sr_3.0 or
master/developement or one of the tarballs:
http://sip-router.org/tarballs/sr/sr_3.0/ser-3.0.2_src_2010-06-14_457b2d.tar.gz
http://sip-router.org/tarballs/sr/unstable/ser-3.0.99-dev1_src_2010-06-14_a7ddee.tar.gz
) or you switch to modules_k/auth/auth.so instead of auth. However assuming
that you have a config based on one of the sip-router*.cfg or on a ser
2.*  cfg, if you take the modules_k/auth approach, you might run into
some other incompatibilities (I guess nobody tried to mix auth modules
so far).

If you choose to update and you are using git, make sure that your
modules/auth_radius and modules/misc_radius do not exist after the
update (git will remove only the tracked files, meaning all the *.[ch]
 and the Makefile, it will not remove any compiled stuff that might be
 around). If they do exist, just delete them (or run make proper
 _before_ updating).

Andrei