[SR-Users] Kphone

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:33:08 CEST 2010

On 6/4/10 4:23 AM, Saz wrote:
> yes, its true. sorry for multiple post. but I didnt get any reply from
> there. actually I already have installed vic and kphone but i dont how
> to use vic with kphone. when I tried to start kphone it show this
> statement below:
never used Kphone with video, I cannot help more with this.

Last days during LinuxTag, I ran ekiga and linphone for video to do
demos and unless you need h264, everything worked out of the box with
ubuntu 9.10.

> [...]
> Attached to V4L2 device: V4L2-USB Camera Device /dev/video0
> Attached to V4L device: V4L-USB Camera Device /dev/video0
>                 VIC is a multicast (or unicast) video tool. It is best
> to start it
>                 using a multicast directory tool, like sdr or
> multikit. If desired VIC
>                 can be launched from the command line using:
>
>                 vic <address>/<port>
>
>                 where <address> is machine name, or a multicast IP
> address, and <port> is
>                 the connection identifier (an even number between
> 1024-65536).
>
>                 For more details see:
>
> http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/vic/faq.html
>          [-c ed|gray|od|quantize] [-D device] [-d display]
>          [-f bvc|cellb|h261|jpeg|nv|mpeg4|h264] [-F maxfps] [-i ifAddr
> ] [-I channel]
>          [-K key ] [-L flowLabel (ip6 only)] [-l (creates log file)]
>          [-M colormap] [-m mtu] [-N session] [-n atm|ip|ip6|rtip]
>          [-o clipfile] [-t ttl] [-U interval] [-u script] [-v version]
> [-V visual]
>          [-x ifIndex (ip6 only)] [-X resource=value] [-j numlayers]
> dest/port[/fmt/ttl]
>                 VIC is a multicast (or unicast) video tool. It is best
> to start it
>                 using a multicast directory tool, like sdr or
> multikit. If desired VIC
>                 can be launched from the command line using:
>
>                 vic <address>/<port>
>
>                 where <address> is machine name, or a multicast IP
> address, and <port> is
>                 the connection identifier (an even number between
> 1024-65536).
>
>                 For more details see:
>
> http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/vic/faq.html
>          [-c ed|gray|od|quantize] [-D device] [-d display]
>          [-f bvc|cellb|h261|jpeg|nv|mpeg4|h264] [-F maxfps] [-i ifAddr
> ] [-I channel]
>          [-K key ] [-L flowLabel (ip6 only)] [-l (creates log file)]
>          [-M colormap] [-m mtu] [-N session] [-n atm|ip|ip6|rtip]
>          [-o clipfile] [-t ttl] [-U interval] [-u script] [-v version]
> [-V visual]
>          [-x ifIndex (ip6 only)] [-X resource=value] [-j numlayers]
> dest/port[/fmt/ttl]
>

> any help will be appreciated.
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 6/3/10 6:04 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>         It would be great if it had anything to do with Kamailio/SR.
>

>         On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:31 PM, Saz <sazzadknife at gmail.com
>         <mailto:sazzadknife at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             hii
>
>             Can anyone help me with Kphone-vic installation I will
>             really appreciate for any documentation or manuals.
>

>     initial KPhone project development was discontinued. The new one
>     is on sourceforge:
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/kphone/
>
>     I saw you posted the question there, as well, which is the right
>     place.
>
>     On the other hand, if you look for some free sip video phone,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Asterisk SIP Router Masterclass
Malaga, Spain - July 5-9, 2010
http://www.asipto.com/