[SR-Users] check_from and check_to: case sensitive?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jun 2 19:32:30 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 02 June 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> >> The problem is that more SIP username related stuff is also case
> >> insensitive in Kamailio, i.e. the database columns. For example a user
> >> "TEST" with a location entry with username "test" woudl be retrieved
> >> because the location.username column is case insensitive.
> >
> > IIRC that depends on the DB backend: MySQL is by default case
> > insensitive, Postgresql is by default case sensitive.
>
> Yes, this is correct. Then:
>
> - check_from / check_to should b fixed to use case sensitive comparison.

Hi Iñaki,

this should be properly documented, as it has the potential of breaking some
configurations.

> - MySQL database schema should use case sensitive columns for
> 'username' in subscriber, location and any other tables containing an
> 'username' column.

I think we should think a bit more about this step, as it would be a major
change in the way most people expect the database to work, which happens to be
mostly mysql in our case. Add devel list as CC.

Henning