[SR-Users] how to set up iptel.org sip outbound

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:23:15 CEST 2010

Hello,

please keep the mailing list cc-ed, private emails related to mailing
lists discussions will not be answered.

On 7/29/10 1:46 AM, j w wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Regarding set up outbound from ATA.  I have
> check with the Linksys tech support.  They checked and said the
> setting that they can do is all done, I have check with the outbound
> provider.
>
> Can your outbound service allow me to dial out with a landline phone
> via ATA. Would you please give me some setting information for your
> outbound.
Then it is not my service, I pointed you to a mailing list that is more
appropriate for this subject.

What I can give you as hints, try to put the ata in a network hub and
sniff the sip traffic (with ngrep, wireshark, tcdump, etc...) to see if
there is some attempt to send registrations/calls to sip server. Also,
check maybe the device has some troubleshooting tool embedded (i.e.,
dedicated web page for logs).

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/