[SR-Users] Help needed for OpenSer with Radius

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:48:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 7/22/10 6:06 AM, Pratik Shrestha wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am very new to OpenSer. I want to use latest version of OpenSer with
> Radius. I need the documentation/tutorial on how to do this. Googling,
> Ionly found for the old version. Please help me.

indeed, there is a rather old version:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/openser-radius-1.0.x.html

What I can say now is that you can skip the part of installing kamailio
and use next link instead:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-3.0.x-from-git

Radius client library is now in most of common Linux distributions, so
you can install it with the package manager (you need the devel headers
as well, the -dev package).

FreeRadius configuration should be more or less the same.

The config of kamailio has changed quite a lot. Use the default one from
kamailio, follow the WITH_AUTH define conditions and replace auth_db
with auth_radius modules and functions. Also, the rest of radius modules
were merged into misc_radius. For enabling radius acc, you need to
recompile acc module after editing the Makefile in module directory.

Hope it helps to start, ask here if you get stuck.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/