[SR-Users] PDT ran out of pkg memory using pdt_list

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 21 11:34:54 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 July 2010, JR Richardson wrote:
> [..]
> Here is an interesting observation:
> When I have 300K+ records in the pdt table, it seems like it will not
> load properly and the shmem is very low, as expected without a large
> memory pool needed to hold the records.  Statistics show:
> shmem:total_size = 33554432
> [..]
> When I decrease the table recrods to 240K, the complete table loads ok
> and shmem reflect properly:
> shmem:total_size = 33554432

Hi JR,

it seems you've a problem with your SHM pool size configuration.

33.554.432 ~ 34MB

It should normally output the proper size, like this:

test-proxy:~# grep "MEM" /etc/default/kamailio
MEMORY=1024

test-proxy:~# kamctl fifo get_statistics all | grep total_size
shmem:total_size = 1073741824

1073.741.824 = 1024 MB

Cheers,

Henning