[SR-Users] PDT ran out of pkg memory using pdt_list

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 23:51:36 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I loaded up the PDT database with about 35K records and when I issue
the commad "kamctl fifo pdt_list" I get:

 3(3018) ERROR: <core> [tree.c:139]: no more pkg mem
 3(3018) ERROR: mi_fifo [fifo_fnc.c:509]: command (pdt_list) processing failed

Searching around I found the
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory which
suggest I adjust the pkg mem size in config.h.

In config.h, I found:

/*used only if PKG_MALLOC is defined*/
#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 4*1024*1024

So is this what I am supposed to adjust?  Maybe try:
#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 4*2048*2048
or
#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 8*1024*1024

Which one would be a logical adjustment?  Also, is there a correlation
between pkg mem and database record size as related to pdt_list?

The idea is to have a few 100K records loaded in kamailio and be able
to perform "kamctl fifo pdt_list | grep 512345" to show this prefix
route.  But without enough memory, doesn't work.

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson