[SR-Users] Perl Code Execution via kamailio.cfg fails

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Jul 15 13:40:41 CEST 2010

On Thursday 15 July 2010, Nicolas Rüger wrote:
> 1.)
> Printing ERRORs to stderr didn't work as I started Kamailio with "./kamctl
>  start" instead of "./kamailio"...stupid mistake...

Hello Nicolas,

good that you managed to get it working in the end. :-)

> BUT
>
> still don't know why Kamailio isn't writing to "syslogs" when
>  "log_stderror=no" is set in "kamailio.cfg" (using "debian lenny")

Maybe you can just do a grep from your log string in /var/log - it should be
somewhere.

> and
>
> still don't know why just "xlog()" works, but "log()" doesn't seem to have
>  an effect.

xlog is the method i used so far and what most people use - maybe the default
log level of "log" is different, or there is another problem.

> 2.)
> My Perlscript got executed finally. I used the following command in
>  "kamailio.cfg" in the end.
>
>    perl_exec_simple("myprint");
>
> My script/subroutine "myprint" actually is writing a control string in
>  another file...just for testing...
>
> I finally used an absolute path instead of an relative path in the
>  perlscript for the filehandle. That worked out then.
>
> BUT
>
> still don't know where Kamailio is trying to open the filehandle when I use
>  a relative path as it's not working then.
>
> Note:
> When I execute the subroutine from another perlscript it works out
>  perfectly using a relative path for the filehandle.

kamailio using the root '/' directory as working dir as default, if nothing is
specified, i think. And here it probably have no permissions to write. You can
specify a working dir via some daemon parameter.

Regards,

Henning