[SR-Users] About setflag()'s parameter

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:41:08 CEST 2010

On 7/6/10 10:32 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 07/06/2010 04:24 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> On 7/6/10 10:16 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> Based on this, I think I was erroneous in suggesting that plain flags
>>> (setflag, isflagset) are transaction-associated. They seem to be
>>> message-associated, not transaction. Is this right?
>>
>> in first place is associated to message, then inherited to transaction
>> (when that is created) and kept for the life of the transaction. So both
>> associations are true, of course, a matter of whether the transaction
>> was created or not at respective time.
>
> Oh, I see.  The documentation on the dokuwiki suggests they are only
> message-association.
>
> I was pretty sure I had used flags in a transaction-bound way at some
> point when I wrote the original response.  However, I did not remember
> for sure because I tend to use variables for almost everything
> transaction-associated these days just due to the nature of the data
> in most cases.

Probably would be good to improve the page a bit, is pretty old.

I found this statement:

"They provide a very easy and fast way of keeping states during
processing a request or during a transcation, if Kamailio (OpenSER) is
in stateful mode."

but none that says is for request only.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/