[SR-Users] Missing ACK

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Jul 3 11:40:40 CEST 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Claudio Furrer <elcaio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, here it goes again.
>
> Pay attention to the "200: OK" response from the PSTN-GW. I think
> its Contact
> header should be read by the Cisco GW (calling party), and then send
> its
> ACK-request with R-URI based on that Contact. But it doesn't happen.
> Then here i
> think this is the failure. (rfc3261, section 12.1.1 and 12.2.1.2).
> May i am wrong..
>
> What do you think?
> I'd appreciate your comments

I agree with your assessment.  The target request URI of the ACK
generates by the Cisco UAC should be the Contact URI received in the
200 OK.

I work with Cisco ISDN-VoIP gear all the time and have never seen a
device do that, though.  It is either a very unusual bug in a very old
IOS release or a misconfiguration.

Can you tell me what device and IOS version is involved?  Also,
applicable elements of the running-config could help.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
1170 Peachtree Street
12th Floor, Suite 1200