[Kamailio-Users] rtpproxy session is not automatically deleted if INVITE transaction fails?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:28:40 CET 2010

On 1/27/10 9:19 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> This is the expected behaviour, but seems different from how the
> mediaproxy module handles the issue.
>
> On 01/27/2010 08:27 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm realizing that rtpproxy session is not automatically
>> terminated when
>> an outgoing INVITE transaction fails ([3456]XX response received from
>> downstream), so the rtpproxy session dies after a while due to time
>> expiration.
>>
>> So I've added the following code to my on_reply_route:
>>
>> ------------
>> onreply_route[X] {
>>
>>    if is_method("INVITE")&&  status =~ "[3456][0-9][0-9]"
>>      unforce_rtp_proxy();
>> ------------
>>
>> It seems to do the job. However I expected this to be done
>> automatically by
>> rtpproxy module when an INVITE transaction for which a rtpproxy
>> session has
>> been created fails.
>>
>> Do I miss something? or is it the expected behavior?
this the behavior from beginning of nathelper/rtpproxy. The default
config for 1.5 and 3.0 has it in failure_route. You can use it pretty
much standalone, without constraints to modules such as tm, in case you
want to have a media relay (required sometimes for interconnection).
nathelper dependency on usrloc is for natpinging and user's sip nat
traversal.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/