[Kamailio-Users] "Permanent" AVP

Antonio Reale ant.reale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:09:47 CET 2010

2010/1/13 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> you should upgrade for such features:
> - in 1.5.x you can use htable to cache value in shared memory and perhaps
> offers what you need
> - in 3.0.0 you still have htable, but you have also the global avps, you can
> set/get them with $avp(g.name). You can load at startup within route
> event_route[htable:mod-init] { ... } via sqlops

I migrated to kamailio 3.0 and I used custom cfg file parameters as
explained here:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/features:new-in-3.0.x#custom_cfg_file_parameters
just simple and clear solution.
At this point there are three possible solution (probably four, using
cfg_db module): htable, global AVPs and custom cfg file parameters.
Can someone give a very brief comparison between the three
implementations? Is one better than the others?
Thanks.

> Cheers,
> Daniel

Best regards,