[Kamailio-Users] state field on dialog table

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:05:00 CET 2010

Hello Alex,

On 1/22/10 6:23 PM, alex pappas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For more info you can also check
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4235#page-13

it is good reading, but mainly applicable for pua_dialoginfo and
presence_dialoginfo. Kamailio is following closely, but with some
differences -- the values are from Alex's paste:
- unconfirmed - dialog just created, no reply received
- early - 1xx was received
- confirmed_na - call answered but no ACK yet
- confirmed - ongoing call, session initiation was completed SIP wise
- deleted - call ended or was not completed, dialog structure going to
be deleted

> Cheers
> Alex
>

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Panagiotis Skoulikaritis
> <pskoul at algonet.gr <mailto:pskoul at algonet.gr>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Alex
>
>     Thanks for your quick response.
>
>     Regards
>
>     Panagiotis
>

>     Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>         Hi Panagiotis,
>
>         On 01/22/2010 11:50 AM, Panagiotis Skoulikaritis wrote:
>
>             Hello
>
>             I have a question about the state field on the dialog table.
>             I guess it is more sip protocol oriented than kamailio
>             deployment,
>             I assume that the values (1-5) that are logged are the
>             state of the
>             dialog correct ?
>
>             and if the above are correct the dialog states are the
>             following ?
>
>             1. waiting for UAC deciscion
>             2. Initiate dialog
>             3. Establish dialog
>             4. Stop Media
>             5. Destroy dialog
>
>             I apologize for my sip ignorance
>             Trying to build up my knowledge. :)
>
>             I' m asking this because I' m trying to export statistics
>             about the
>             calls that are handled from the kamailio and the state of
>             the call for
>             specific users,IP's, destinations.
>

>         For official confirmation, consult
>         kamailio-x.y.z/modules/dialog/dlg_hash.h:
>
>         #define DLG_STATE_UNCONFIRMED  1
>         #define DLG_STATE_EARLY        2
>         #define DLG_STATE_CONFIRMED_NA 3
>         #define DLG_STATE_CONFIRMED    4
>         #define DLG_STATE_DELETED      5
>
>         Consulting the source code is occasionally necessary when
>         documentation is lacking for small details like this.
>
>         -- Alex

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/