[Kamailio-Users] mysql loadbalancing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:37:10 CET 2010

On 1/21/10 5:14 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 01/21/2010 11:09 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> does it need one? I heard pg fans telling it is rock solid :-)
>
> It is true;  it is not necessary for this reason.  :-)  But sometimes
> the database must be restarted for administrative purposes.
restarted?!?! no reload?

>> 3.0.0 has this option on the db driver side coming from ser, should be
>> easy to port to k to get it for k modules ... just search for pg_retries
>> in the sources of db_postgress.
>
> http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules/db_postgres.html
>
> 404 Not Found?  Adonde se marchó esta página?
yep, something strange with this module -- the doc folder is actually
named km_doc and therefore the online readme is not created. I did it
manually for now, however no much information there.

> Are you saying db_postgres is the module from SER now, not the
> Kamailio one?  Or do I have to use some special other module from
> modules_s to have this functionality?
There is only one db_postgres module, but SIP Router (therefore K 3.0
and SR 3.0) provides two database APIs:
- srdb1 - based in intial ser version with some improvements done in K
project
- srdb2 - newer, implemented for ser 2.0 afaik

srdb2 is better from some aspects, being not sql-centric, but more like
get/put interface, supporting as well prepared statements. Therefore is
the recommended one for new development, probably several k modules will
be updated in the near future.

The good part is that you can have both at the same time, and even
better, there are some db modules implementing both, like mysql and
postgress (the db modules from "modules/"). If you use these, then you
can mix any k or s modules.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/