[Kamailio-Users] no answer to invite

Anders vaerge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:54:06 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a problem that I don't understand at all (yet another one ;-)).

One client has Asterisk (like many others) from where he sends calls
to our Kamailio. It worked fine, until it suddenly stopped for no
apparent reason on Friday. No changes in configuration on his or our
side.

We can ping his server just fine, and vice versa.

On any INVITE he sends, he gets no, zero, zip response from Kamailio
on our server. I wanted to figure out why, so I put an 'ngrep' on port
5060 for his IP on our Kamailio server, and I got...nothing. No
communication at all on this port containing this IP. Why? I have no
clue. The ping should show that we can communicate, and a 'ngrep' on
his server shows that he sends plenty of INVITEs, but gets absolute
zero response from our Kamailio box.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks a lot in advance!