[Kamailio-Users] Converting rtpproxy recorded .rtp file to .wav file

Carsten Bock lists at bock.info
Thu Jan 14 20:54:01 CET 2010

Hi,

1)
Did you try to post your problem on the RTP-Proxy-Users' List?
Probably, you might get more help there....
2)
Did you try to extract the Audio with Wireshark? If Wireshark can play the
Audio (and i assume it is correctly implemented), then the recorded stream
as such is correct. Then you can check, if the bug lies in rtpbreak (or as a
next step: sox). Just to limit the possible sources of the problem...

Carsten

2010/1/14 Vikram Ragukumar <vragukumar at signalogic.com>

> Hello,
>
> An update,
>
> I tried using sox to convert the two .raw files into 2 mono channel wave
> files. The command line i used is below :
> sox -r 8k -b -c 1 -u rtp.0.0.raw rtp0.wav
> sox -r 8k -b -c 1 -u rtp.1.0.raw rtp1.wav
>
> When i listen to the .wav files, i hear speech but it is buried in a lot of
> noise. During blank periods (periods of no speech) there is a constant
> volume high pitched noise. Also during periods of speech, there seems to be
> bursts of noise in the background.
>
> The other engineer i work with and i, think that it is possibly because
> non-speech data is being interpreted as speech.
>
> What switch options should i change while invoking sox from the command
> line to get rid of the noise?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Vikram.
>

> Vikram Ragukumar wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I used Kamailio+rtpproxy to record a session and rtpproxy outputs the
>> following files
>>
>> long_file_name.a.rtp, long_file_name.a.rtcp, long_file_name.o.rtp,
>> long_file_name.o.rtcp
>>
>> http://www.rtpproxy.org/wiki/RTPproxy/FAQ
>>  From the Rtpproxy FAQ above, i tried to extract the audio using rtpbreak
>> and sox.
>>
>> rtpbreak -W -r long_file_name.a.rtp
>> rtpbreak -W -r long_file_name.o.rtp
>>
>> The above commands generate rtp.0.0.raw, rtp.1.0.raw.
>>
>> Then when i run sox using
>> sox --combine merge -r 8k -A rtp.0.0.raw -r 8k -A rtp.1.0.raw -t wavpcm -s
>> out.wav i get the following errors :
>>
>> sox: invalid option -- -
>> sox: -c must be given a number
>>
>> Is there a switch/anything else that i am missing ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Regards,
>> Vikram.

Carsten Bock
Schomburgstr. 80
22767 Hamburg
Germany

Mobile +49 179 2021244
Home +49 40 34927217
Fax +49 40 34927218
mailto:carsten at bock.info

Mike Ditka <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html>  -
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."