[Kamailio-Users] Does uac_auth work for you?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:03:56 CET 2010

Hello,

On 1/13/10 11:41 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 13 de Enero de 2010, Andrey Utkin escribió:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Please share your experience.
>>
>> If you ever tried authenticating outgoing calls with Kamailio, did it work
>>   for you?
>>
>> Which devices or servers you know do/don't accept such authentication?
>>
>> Do you use it in some tricky way to get it working?
>>
> I wouldn't rely on it as it doesn't increase the CSeq so the new INVITE with
> credentials would be rejected/dropped by many devices/servers.

indeed it does not increase the cseq, however, you can solve it via
script logic:
- htable to keep relation between call-id and cseq incrementation
- for each transaction where you have to update cseq, add the receving
value in an avp to restore for reply, then update cseq value with offset
from htable
- sent and if you are challenged, increment the cseq offset in htable

In case of restart and you can use a trick like: if it is a request
within dialog (has To-tag) for a call that could have been exposed to
auth, then increment cseq by 10-20 or so, within a call are not so many
auths (usually for re-invites).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/