[Kamailio-Users] This has probably been asked a thousand times before...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:27:16 CET 2010

Hello,

first a suggestion - please use relevant subject message for what you
look for, it helps when checking the archive and looking to get same
information.

Now, if you are going to use the latest stable release 3.0.0 from yesterday:
http://www.kamailio.org/mos/view/Kamailio-OpenSER-v3.0.0-Release-Notes

then you can read the getting started document for SER - since Kamailio
(OpenSER) and SER work together in http://sip-router.org project, and
version 3.0.0 is a result of that work, the getting started is good to
start with. It is a bit obsoleted in terms of what you can do now with
latest version but you can get the idea of architecture and cfg structure:

http://siprouter.teigre.com/doc/gettingstarted/

 From there, wiki and mailing lists can help you easier.

Hope it helps.

On 1/11/10 5:55 PM, Robert B wrote:
> Regardless, despite my Googlage, I can't seem to find what I am
> looking for.
>
> I've looked at the Wiki and the documentation. While I do have a
> programming background, I still am having a hard time grasping some of
> these tutorials. Many of them seem very specific and not at all
> relevant to what I am trying to do. I feel like I'm left without a
> good starting point.
>
> My goal is to have Kamailio setup as an ITSP would. That is, I have
> three sipxecs PBX systems here, and rather than have each one
> configured with umpteen SIP trunks that I'll need to manage, I want to
> have (for the time being) just one -- that one would be my personal
> Kamailio server. When a user makes a call, it first goes to my
> Kamailio server which then distribute the calls to my ITSPs (like
> Bandwidth.com, voip.ms, etc). I want the ACLs to be setup based on IP
> addresses and not user registrations. I want nothing to do with the
> media or RTP streams.
>
> First step would be termination (outbound). The obvious next step
> would be setting it up for origination (inbound).
>
> I've downloaded and installed the SIREMIS web UI for OpenSER 1.4.x,
> but as I said my lack of understanding of the terminology's context
> prohibits me from really exploring anything. Some areas look familiar,
> others seem redundant, etc. The reason I started with the web UI was
> because it's obviously easier and it also produces output that is
> syntactically correct for my own examination and learning purposes.
>
> What would the appropriate terminology for this kind of setup be? Can
> anyone point out a Wiki article which I may have missed? To me, this
> seems like the most basic of basic configurations and a seemingly
> obvious launching point for anyone getting into the software...
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Robert

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/