[Kamailio-Users] Checking the destination IP after dispatcher

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jan 12 01:47:02 CET 2010

No reason, but $rd takes you straight to the domain without having to do
the work of parsing it out of $ru, so it's just cleaner.  It's the same
way that $rU gets you the user part without having to extract it with
string operations yourself.

There may be a minor performance argument, too, since $rd is
prepopulated internally anyway, but your approach requires running an
operation to extract.