[Kamailio-Users] Scaling up asterisk using kamailio while keeping features (WAS: re-invite mid call?)

Antonio Goméz Soto antonio.gomez.soto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:52:13 CET 2010

Hi Daniel.

Op 04-01-10 14:11, Daniel-Constantin Mierla schreef:

> I would try to do:
> - partition the users per asterisk instance - as much as possible host
> the users talking to each other in same asterisk
> - use kamailio as central registry server - if the destination user is
> not on the same asterisk instance, forward it to kamailio and from there
> to the right asterisk instance

It's not clear to me what this means. The phones register to Kamailio
as their registrar server. And they will send INVITE's to their proxy
(i.e. the asterisk server?). So only Kamailio will know the ip address
of a phone (except if asterisk accesses the same database using
realtime - is that what you mean?)

Antonio