[SR-Users] new module: embedded lua

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:28:14 CET 2010

Hello,

few weeks ago I uploaded a new module named app_lua, providing
functionality to execute Lua (http://www.lua.org) scripts in your
configuration file. Lua is small and fast, therefore fits very well in a
sip proxy environment. It has a lot of extensions, so when you cannot do
something with existing cfg functions, check this one as well.

The readme and the api are available at:
http://sip-router.org/wiki/api/lua/devel
http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/modules/app_lua/app_lua.html

The API will be enhanced during this development cycle, your feedback
will help a lot in this direction. By now you get access to
pseudo-variables, sip headers, logging functions and sl module.

For new comers in community, if you are a Perl fan, then you can use the
perl module in a similar way. Also, another module was uploaded
recently, app_python, allowing to write python extensions. Module and
API for Python are not yet documented, but I think this is not a barrier
for a true Python fan, actually I hope will be a motivation to
contribute the docs :-)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Server Professional Solutions
* http://www.asipto.com/