[Kamailio-Users] Exotic case (but real) in which RtpProxy doesn't work

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:39:41 CET 2010

On 02/26/2010 03:09 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Viernes, 26 de Febrero de 2010, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
>

>> Do you re-engage rtpproxy for re-INVITEs?
>>
> Yes, the client is behind NAT so I must use RtpProxy for initial INVITE.
> Then, if I don't re-engage rtpproxy for re-INVITE RtpProxy would receive RTP
> in already working ports but from a different source, so RtpProxy would
> reject/ignore such RTP traffic.
>

>> Also, have you played with
>> force rtp proxy flags to trust public addresses?
>>
> But that wouldn't solve the problem, am I wrong?

there is a deadlock when chaining two rtpproxy. In learning mode
rtpproxy waits for the other side to send first packet to know the ip
and port. iirc it is r flag to avoid this.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/