[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio 3.0.0: configuration request regarding VARIABLES usage (custom variables + $var(x))

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 22 12:52:14 CET 2010

On Monday 22 February 2010, Alex Balashov wrote:
> What would be even more useful is if these values could be used as input
> to modparams.  Are modparam values evaluated for PV spec?

I don't think that modparam evaluates PVs at the moment, i've gave it a short
try, and only got a syntax error.

> > With regards to the question of the OP, if you need to access this
> > variable only in one place then perhaps you could just ommit the
> > temporary definition. If you only have the problem of visibility, what
> > about using another type of storage, like Alex suggested, '$shv' or
> > perhaps '$avp'?
>
> If the values need to be loaded from a database and postprocessed
> somehow, or something like that, then this problem could also be
> elegantly solved if there existed an additional type of 'route' that was
> not module or event-specific, e.g. not like route[htable:mod-init], but
> was tied to Kamailio booting up, like an 'onload_route'.  Was there not
> a little talk of this some time ago?

You probably could already use the htable specific route as generic startup
route, you only need to load the module for this to work. But a generic
solution would be indeed better. I think that Daniel extended the routing
framework some time ago in a way that it would allow to easier specify
functionality like this, but i did not looked into the details so far.

Henning