[Kamailio-Users] Registration delays when using Kamailio proxy

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Wed Feb 3 23:54:13 CET 2010

Hello,

I was able to fix the problem, by enabling AHCI in the BIOS and
rebuilding initrd with the ahci driver. Instructions in link below

http://serverfault.com/questions/68793/enabling-ahci-in-rhel5-post-install

Current hdparm -t /dev/sda output
Timing buffered disk reads:   182 MB in  3.02 seconds =   60.29 MB/sec

Thanks for all the help.
Vikram.

Vikram Ragukumar wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> what version are you using? Do you have big traffic on it?
> I am using version 1.5, and there isn't much traffic.
>
>> Usual delays are coming from:
>> - lot of debugging with non-asynchronous syslog
> This was a very useful tip. Turns out that HD access times were very poor
>
> hdparm -t /dev/hda output
> Timing buffered disk reads:   12 MB in  3.48 seconds =   3.45 MB/sec
>
> I tested registration times after setting debug=0 in the kamailio.cfg
> file, and registrations were much quicker. I plan on working around this
> issue by switching to AHCI mode from IDE mode.
>
> Once again, Thank you very much.
> Vikram.
>
>> On 2/3/10 1:14 AM, vragukumar at signalogic.com wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Here is some more information from wireshark,
>>>
>>> "No.","Time","Source","Destination","Protocol","Info"
>>> "1","0.000000","x_lite_softphone","SIP_proxy","SIP","Request: REGISTER
>>> sip:SIP_server"
>>> "2","0.000012","x_lite_softphone","SIP_proxy","SIP","Request: REGISTER
>>> sip:SIP_server"
>>> "5","0.818876","SIP_proxy","SIP_server","SIP","Request: REGISTER
>>> sip:SIP_server"
>>> "6","0.818886","SIP_proxy","SIP_server","SIP","Request: REGISTER
>>> sip:SIP_server"
>>> "7","0.824475","SIP_server","SIP_proxy","SIP","Status: 200 OK    (1
>>> bindings)"