[SR-Users] PATCH: parallel debian build support

Noa Resare noa at spotify.com
Fri Dec 31 16:05:25 CET 2010

Friends,

The attached patch implements parallel building of the debian packages using
the -j parameter to make.
Predictably this gives package building a serious speed boost on an 8 way
xeon with solid state drives :)

To make things even simpler, I've pushed a branch debian-packaging to git://
git.resare.com/kamailio that you can pull from and merge with master using
the following commands:

git remote add resare git://git.resare.com/kamailio
git fetch resare
<check out the resare/debian-packaging branch, inspect>
<merge it into master>

A note on the patch:

- I've replaced the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS:="$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS) nostrip" (which
puts literal quote characters in the make variable with a construct using
the += operator.

-It passes the basic test of building packages without failing with the
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable set to parallel=8 as well as unset on
squeeze and lenny.

/noa

--
Everything is secret.