[SR-Users] MI FIFO command dlg_end_dlg in Kamailio 1.5.x

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Dec 30 16:41:08 CET 2010

Greetings,

I have not tried in 3.0+, but in Kamailio 1.5.x, the documentation says
that the MI FIFO command 'dlg_end_dlg' will only terminate confirmed
dialogs.

That's fair.  However, I am concerned about what it does with
unconfirmed dialogs (e.g. early dialogs).  When I run 'kamctl fifo
dlg_end_dlg SOME_HASH_ENTRY SOME_HASH_ID' it returns a positive value as
if the dialog were deleted, but it is not actually deleted.  It
continues to show up in 'kamctl fifo profile_list_dlgs SOME_PROFILE
SOME_VALUE', and continues to be linked to the profile, which is a
problem if profiles are being used to enforce concurrent channel limits.

Subsequent invocations of 'kamctl fifo dlg_end_dlg SOME_HASH_ENTRY
SOME_HASH_ID' return:  404 Requested dialog not found.

Is this a bug?  A feature?  What should one do with these permanent
suspended dialogs other than to restart the proxy?

Thanks,

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC