[SR-Users] kamailio restart and TLS ( relay_to_tls() )

Tue Dec 21 20:03:19 CET 2010

Am 21.12.2010 18:46, schrieb Dominguez Jover, Ricardo:
> Hi again Klaus,
> I understand (now better) what you mean with timing parameters, I was
> just testing to close the first connection. The reason is because when I
> restart kamailio the clients I use reopen a second connection, as you
> said to me. So the solution to this issue could be not to open newer
> connection. I tested, as you said, "set_forward_no_connect();" but may
> be not well enough. I imagine the solution goes by using it.

The TCP connection should be kept alive as long as possible. If for some
reason the TCP connection is lost (client crash, network failure,
kamailio restart) there are two things the should be done:
- the client has to create a new registration on a new TCP connection
- the proxy should ignore contacts without existing TCP connections
(thus use set_forward_no_connect())

> About the question on making TLS connection to the clients, I'm only
> relaying TLS connections to the gateway, who has a certificate. I set
> TCP ASYNC=NO, because I had an error running TLS, as documentation says
> if I use TLS I have to disable asynch TCP.

That was valid with 3.0 release. Since 3.1 release this is fixed and
asynch mode can be used also with TLS.

regards
Klaus