[SR-Users] kamailio restart and TLS ( relay_to_tls() )

Tue Dec 21 16:48:28 CET 2010

Not sure what exactly happens in your scenario, but some generic tips:

- Regardless if the client is behind NAT or not, IMO the TCP connection
should be openend by the client and kept open for the whole lifetime of
the client. Thus, the TCP connection should not be closed, not by the
client and not by the proxy. Thus, set your TCP connection lifetime to a
value which is bigger the maximum registration expiration.

I also would enable keep-alive in the client.

Is there any specific reason why you close the TCP connection?

When using TLS there is one more problem: The party that receives the
TLS connection needs to present a certificate. This means, if the proxy
setups a TLS connection to the SIP client, the SIP client would need a
TLS client certificate.

Conclusion:
- the client should create a TCP/TLS connection and it should be kept
open for the whole lifetime.
- the proxy should use async mode (why don't you use it?)
- the proxy should not event try to make a TLS connection to the client
as the client probably can not provide TLS certificate

regards
klaus