[SR-Users] SBC on kamailio

Tue Dec 21 10:36:55 CET 2010

Am 20.12.2010 17:00, schrieb Henry Dogger:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a kamailio installation for our voip system and would like to
> add a SBC.

Where do you want to have the SBC? Between the customers and Kamailio?

SBC is a shortcut for various functions: NAT traversal, topology hiding,
enforcing security policies, ...

Depending on what you need the SBC for you can use different softwares
in different setups.

> There's a great tutorial for Kamailio / Freeswitch on the Asipto site:
>
> http://kb.asipto.com/freeswitch:kamailio-3.1.x-freeswitch-1.0.6d-sbc

In this case Freeswitch is used as B2BUA, probably for topology hiding
and session control, and also as media server, but not as a typical SBC
which is located between the customer and the SIP proxy.

regards
klaus