[SR-Users] couple of accounting questions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:42:27 CET 2010

Hello,

On 12/15/10 2:36 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i have been using radius for accounting, but now looked at db accounting
> for another project.  couple of issues:
>
> - why is sip reason (the comment after reply's reason code) a mandatory
>    field in accounting table?  if someone offers a good reason, my
>    opinion is that it should be removed.  if someone needs it, he/she can
>    add it to db_extra list.
it is so from the early implementation. Not sure how is with radius, but
the reason phrase is also taken from acc_db_request() parameter (comment
param) and stored in db.

> - is there possibility to fall back to syslog accounting if database
>    insert fails?
you can account to both at the same time, but internally there is no
such mechanism, although would not be hard to implement.

One more thing, if you use acc_db_request(), if that fails then you can
call acc_log_request(), but I assumed you refer to usage of flags for
accounting.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio (OpenSER) Advanced Training
Jan 24-26, 2011, Irvine, CA, USA