[SR-Users] Delaying 200 OK sent to originator

Dan-Cristian Bogos danb.lists at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 14 18:33:33 CET 2010

Hey Guys,

I came in need to delay 200 OK sent to originator, I know that is not
the job of a proxy (not a perfect world though), so if anyone think
that should be in theory at least possible with kamailio/sr, I would
appreciate any tip.

Scenario: User A -> Proxy -> User B.
User B will send 183 and then 200 to the User A.

I would need to delay the 200 OK sent to User A with a number of
seconds, but still send ACK to User B to "fake" the receiving of the
message in time. When the ACK for the delayed 200 OK comes back from
User A, I would simply absorb it.

Would that be possible with kamailio/sr without using an external application?

Ta for any kind of tip!

DanB