[SR-Users] Kamailio 3.1 and Elastix 2.0 Integration

Kurt Mullen kmullen at practical-pc.com
Tue Dec 14 18:26:54 CET 2010

I have two separate servers. A Kamailio box and an Elastix box.

I have Kamailio all up and running. I installed Elastix 2.0 using an ISO.
I followed all the steps to modify the Asterisk configuration from Kamailio
3.1.x and Asterisk 1.6.2 Realtime Integration using Asterisk Database to
provide access to the asterisk database.

1)       I am not able to register an X-lite softphone to Kamailio.

a.       Is this because Kamailio is not talking to the Asterisk DB or,
would X-Lite connect to Kamailio anyway?

b.      kamailio.cfg :

                                                               i.
#!ifdef WITH_ASTERISK

                                                             ii.
asterisk.bindip = "192.168.15.211" desc "Asterisk IP Address"

                                                            iii.
asterisk.bindport = "5080" desc "Asterisk Port"

                                                           iv.
kamailio.bindip = "192.168.15.249" desc "Kamailio IP Address"

                                                             v.
kamailio.bindport = "5060" desc "Kamailio Port"

                                                           vi.      #!endif

2)      From the Kamailio server I am able to make an MYSQL connection to
the remote Elastix server.

a.       #!define DBURL "mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser"

b.      #!define DBASTURL
"mysql://asterisk:asterisk1017@'192.168.15.211'/asterisk"

3)      From the Elastix server I am able to make a MYSQL connection to the
remote Kamailio server (not sure this is necessary)

Some items are unclear to me in the tutorial.

1)      The first two steps, MYSQL INSTALLATION and INSTALL UnixODBC  is
this just on the Kamailio server, the Asterisk Server or both.

2)      After creating the database on the Kamailio server
"/usr/local/sbin/kamdbctl create" is the asterisk database configured on the
Asterisk server?

3)      After creation of the asterisk database, is the ODBC configuration
on the asterisk server, Kamailio server, or both?

4)      Note: "Be sure you configure Asterisk to not authenticate SIP
requests coming from Kamailio".  How do you do this?

Kurt A. Mullen

Practical PC, LLC

(O) 830.542.4102 x204

(F) 210.767.3912