[SR-Users] Can't Auth against Kamailio 3.1.1 - fresh install

Graham Wooden graham at g-rock.net
Tue Dec 14 06:31:29 CET 2010

Hi folks,

Getting ready to stage my 1.4.2 upgrade to 3.1.1 - but apparently I am
missing something pretty basic here as I can't get a test subscriber
registered. Turned up debug and viewed the "401 Unauthorized" repeating
messages.

So I combed back through the INSTALL and the various references on
kamailio.org.  And for full disclosure, here are the relevant steps that I
have took:

Did a make clean on the source and re-did the make, which looks like:

make FLAVOUR=kamailio group_include="standard mysql"
include_modules="carrierroute acc mi_fifo kex tmx pv siputils mi_rpc" cfg
all install

Added my domain into kamctlrc.

Created a fresh DB, started up kamailio and added a user:

    [root at qa-voip-01 kamailio-3.1.1]# kamctl add testnumber testpass
    new user 'testnumber' added

Made the appropriate changes to the default kamailio.cfg by adding in the
defines. Restarted kamailio - no errors and all looked good.

At this point, all indications would think that I can get the subscriber
registered and get the location table updated ... But no such luck:

[root at qa-voip-01 kamailio]# kamctl ul show
Domain:: location table=512 records=0 max_slot=0

Any thoughts on where to look?  I have confirmed that the subscriber device
is using the right credentials. Using plaintext and the password is in
user's row in the subscriber table.

I am sure it's something pretty basic; this is my first stab at 3.1 from my
1.4 production machines.

Thanks,
-graham