[SR-Users] gws with same ip

Antanas Masevicius antanas.masevicius at ntt.lt
Wed Dec 8 11:18:00 CET 2010

Hello Anders,

i have the same usage scenario as you have. I only was able to solve
that by modifying module sources itself.
Simply remove duplicate checks in the module. It seems that it does not
have any other side effects. For me its not very clear the idea of
keeping track of duplicates. Kamailio admin probably will be aware of
his lcr_gw table content all the time.

Antanas

On 2010.12.02 00:36, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Anders writes:
>
>> I have two different trunks with one carrier. The IP where I send the
>> INVITE is the same, but the prefix differs. So in the gw table, I
>> enter the two lines, - same IP, but with different digits in the 'tag'
>> column, and different grp_id numbers. I then set up the lcr table and
>> point to the respective grp_id's in the gw table. Problem: it ignores
>> the grp_id when I make a call, meaning that when there are two gw's
>> with the same IP address, it just takes the one that comes first, even
>> though it doesn't have the grp_id I asked for in the lcr table. Is
>> this normal behavior? If so, how do I get around this?
> gateways need all to be unique.  in sr 3.1, a gateway is unique if its
> ip address, port and hostname are unique.  i don't remember how the
> check was done in k 1.5.
>
> -- juha

Antanas Masevičius
Technikos direktorius
UAB "Nacionalinis telekomunikaciju tinklas"
Tel.  +370 5 2056000
Tel.  +370 700 00031 (tiesioginis)
Fax.  +370 700 00034
el.p: antanas.masevicius at ntt.lt