[SR-Users] Kamailio and Asterisk Integration

Tue Dec 7 09:42:44 CET 2010

Am 06.12.2010 23:31, schrieb Kurt Mullen:
> There is a tutorial posted at
> http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-3.0.x-asterisk-1.6.2-astdb
>
> I am confused. It seems that this tutorial has Asterisk AND Kamailio on
> the same physical server. If this is true, why would you do that. I
> thought the point was to move Kamailio to a separate server to handle
> all the SIP sessions and have Asterisk on another box to handle media,
> such as voicemail, IVR’s and such.
>
> If I am correct, can someone give guidance on how to integrate if
> Asterisk is on a separate server?

Install Asterisk on one server, install Kamailio on
the other server, and adapt the IP addresses so that the SIP requests
are sent from one IP address to the other.

Anyway, even if you install everything on one server it might be wise to
use different IP addresses - this allows you to move to 2 servers
without changing the configuration.

regards
klaus