[SR-Users] Error opening Kamailio's FIFO

Huy Nguyen huy_quocnguyen at live.com
Mon Dec 6 10:37:02 CET 2010

Hi,

Please change  as below:

kamctlrc

## path to FIFO file
OSER_FIFO="/tmp/kamailio_fifo"

kamailio.cfg

# ----- mi_fifo params -----
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/kamailio_fifo")

Regards,
Huy Nguyen

www.htk-inc.com

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 11:28:08 +0200
From: marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Error opening Kamailio's FIFO

On 12/06/2010 01:40 AM, Kurt Mullen wrote:

Hello,

  I am getting this error when I try to run kamctl:

  ERROR: Error opening Kamailio's FIFO FIFO
  ERROR: Make sure you have the line
'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "FIFO")' in your config
  ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.

  I am able to start Kamailio with  Kamailio start

  I have poured over all the responses on Google
for two days trying to fix this error.  I have tried everything I know
of.

  I have tried each example.

  kamctlrc

  DB Path is correct:
  # database path used by dbtext or db_berkeley
  DB_PATH="/usr/share/kamailio/dbtext"

  ## control engine: FIFO or UNIXSOCK
  ## - default FIFO
  CTLENGINE="FIFO"

  ## path to FIFO file
  OSER_FIFO="FIFO"  (I have already tried
commenting this out)

This should be a UNIX style path e.g. /tmp/kamailio.fifo The directory
where the fifo is must be writable by the kamailio user.

Marius

  kamailio.cfg

  loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"

  Path to modules is correct:
  mpath="modules_k:modules"
  #!else
  mpath="/usr/lib/kamailio/modules_k/:/usr/lib/kamailio/modules/"
  #!endif

  # ----- mi_fifo params -----
  modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
"/tmp/kamailio.fifo")
  modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_mode",0666)

  This is installed on Ubuntu Server 10.10  64 bit
Intel .

  Can someone please help?

  Kurt A. Mullen
  Practical PC, LLC