[SR-Users] Error opening Kamailio's FIFO

Kurt Mullen kmullen at practical-pc.com
Mon Dec 6 00:40:26 CET 2010

I am getting this error when I try to run kamctl:

ERROR: Error opening Kamailio's FIFO FIFO

ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
"FIFO")' in your config

ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.

I am able to start Kamailio with  Kamailio start

I have poured over all the responses on Google for two days trying to fix
this error.  I have tried everything I know of.

I have tried each example.

kamctlrc

DB Path is correct:

# database path used by dbtext or db_berkeley

DB_PATH="/usr/share/kamailio/dbtext"

## control engine: FIFO or UNIXSOCK

## - default FIFO

CTLENGINE="FIFO"

## path to FIFO file

OSER_FIFO="FIFO"  (I have already tried commenting this out)

kamailio.cfg

loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"

Path to modules is correct:

mpath="modules_k:modules"

#!else

mpath="/usr/lib/kamailio/modules_k/:/usr/lib/kamailio/modules/"

#!endif

# ----- mi_fifo params -----

modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/kamailio.fifo")

modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_mode",0666)

This is installed on Ubuntu Server 10.10  64 bit Intel .

Can someone please help?

Kurt A. Mullen

Practical PC, LLC

(O) 830.542.4102 x204