[SR-Users] compiling the SER router

rbond1 rbond1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Dec 5 08:55:35 CET 2010

Hello.  I am new to this forum.  Can someone point me in the correct direction regarding compiling the SER package from the sip-router git repository?

When I try to compile the binaries, it is having troubles finding the mysql.h header file.  I have looked in some of the obvious places, but it is not installed either in the distro I for mysql nor in the sip-router directory's module folders.  Here is the error I see in the make_and_install_output.txt file when I try to compile.

km_dbase.c:38: fatal error: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [km_dbase.o] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 1

I am using the current ubuntu server distro. Is this a well known issue?  I followed the download
instructions from the sip-router download page from this website so I assume it automatically pulled the most current release (?).  Will I need to load a package from someplace else?

Mysql is currently installed onto my machine.  But I cannot find mysql.h.  WIll I need to get the
libs from mysql (if available) and will they include the header files?

thx in adv