[SR-Users] using forward() with variables

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 11:36:00 CET 2010

On 12/3/10 11:28 AM, Pan B. Christensen wrote:
> [...]
> My main question was:
> Why does forward() not take dynamic parameters? Should it not do so
> (in the future) to be in line with other functions? It was not
> difficult to work around, but I think it would be more logical if the
> function could use dynamic parameters like all the other functions
> I've used can do.
forward() is a function exported by core and they were developed long
time ago without support for cfg variables. In the future that may be
changed, but having an existing alternative has set very low priority on it.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio (OpenSER) Advanced Training
Jan 24-26, 2011, Irvine, CA, USA
http://www.asipto.com