[SR-Users] [sr-dev] module load path and -L

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:49:32 CEST 2010

On 8/18/10 9:35 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> IMO command line parameters should always overwrite settings from the
> config file. IIRC think there are more settings than -L and we had
> this discussion long time ago (e.g. debug=, ....)
that was <=K1.5 time, in 3.0 many command line options overwrite cfg
settings. It is the case for debug, try kamilio -ddd -E with debug=0 and
log_stderror=no, it should print to terminal with very verbose debug.

Still some cfg params overwrite command line options, probably should be
fixed so that doesn't happen.

> regards
> klaus
>
> Am 17.08.2010 17:37, schrieb Daniel-Constantin Mierla:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the path to modules can be specified via command line option -L or cfg
>> parameter loadpath (aliased as mpath for K backward compat). loadpath
>> overwrites the value given by -L.
>>
>> The question is whether the value given via -L shouldn't be effective
>> all the time (i.e., loadpath cfg parameter ignored when -L is given)
>> since it is via command line parameter -- my expectation is command line
>> options should have higher priority. Changing it now will break backward
>> compatibility (if anyone used it like now) while in testing, but if all
>> think is a bug, then can be fixed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel

Daniel-Constantin Mierla