[SR-Users] [sr-dev] set From and To attributes in assignments

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:36:53 CEST 2010

On 8/13/10 12:55 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2010/8/13 Daniel-Constantin Mierla<miconda at gmail.com>:
>>   Hello,
>>
>> I committed in master branch (to be 3.1.0) code that allows to set uri,
>> username, domain and display name for To and From headers using assignments
>> to their respective PVs in configuration file. For example:
>>
>> $fu = "sip:anonymous at invalid";
>> $fn = '"Jon Doe"';
>> $tU = "+123455678";
> Hi, are these assignments reverted when processing a response and
> routing it upstream as uac_replace_from() does (by inspecting RR
> params
No. Most of SIPv2 devices don't care if From/To are updated. Lately, all
anonymous-ation I done was by simply changing From header and had no
problem. If you need to revert, uac module is the way to go for From header.

Other option is to use htable to keep relation between call id and
original/updated from/to -- this works fine as well (storing from tag in
htable helps to decide which values to use for header update).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/